This is Jake's Story...

Jake is a 20-year-old twin who has been diagnosed with stage 4 Rhabdomyosarcoma, a very rare form of cancer. Going through a vigorous daily radiation treatment and weekly Chemo treatments make him extremely tired, weak and sometimes nauseous.

Jake is otherwise a normal teenage kid. He likes playing computer games, paintball, swimming and golfing. He loves hanging out with his four brothers, 4 wheeling, camping, and ruining his mom's laundry baskets while making home videos. He hopes to someday become a computer programmer.

This blog was started to keep his family and friends updated on his status.

Addendum: Jake became cured of cancer, free of pain and everything this world brings on September 29, 2010. He continues his journey in Heaven. He is doing awesome! Hope you're doing the same!

His family thanks you for your generosity in donations, love and service. God has shown us many tender mercies!
Thanks for being one of them!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Test Result

Since Jake's chemo treatment, his immune system is going to be way low.  We are asking that if anyone has a cold or any sickness that has germs, to please not come to our home until you are fully recovered.  If Jake gets sick from your germs and doesn't have an immune system to fight the infection, he could die from it.  Also, we need everyone to remove their shoes and use hand sanitizer when they enter the home.  We can't have anyone over that has been exposed to chicken pox. 

Jake should be feeling a lot better by Sunday.  He was pretty wiped out today and slept a lot.  His appetite is way down (and mine is way up!)  The bone marrow test came out clean!  Extremely happy about that!  Dr. Wright doesn't think the last test will show any cancer in it, but that should be done by Friday.

Had a little melt down tonight when I saw all the medical supplies the Home Health Care brought by (and a small heart attack when I saw the bill!) and I couldn't figure out which syringe to use for Jake's shot because none of them looked like the ones we practiced with in the hospital.  I don't know how you did it, Jill!  The nurse didn't show up until almost 10:00 pm because she misunderstood that she was suppose to come today.  It turns out that they didn't send the right syringes and she had to use a spare she had in her car. (Deep breath!)  I gave Jake his first shot in the tummy!  He was so brave!  This was a shot to help keep his white blood cell count up.  If his cell counts are too low they will have to do a transfusion before he can get his next round of chemo (scheduled for every Tuesday).

Tomorrow we go to Radiology to find out how his Radiation therapy is going to work out.  (big SCREAM!)  INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!  (K, that felt better)

Good night!  I'm going to my happy place now :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment