This is Jake's Story...

Jake is a 20-year-old twin who has been diagnosed with stage 4 Rhabdomyosarcoma, a very rare form of cancer. Going through a vigorous daily radiation treatment and weekly Chemo treatments make him extremely tired, weak and sometimes nauseous.

Jake is otherwise a normal teenage kid. He likes playing computer games, paintball, swimming and golfing. He loves hanging out with his four brothers, 4 wheeling, camping, and ruining his mom's laundry baskets while making home videos. He hopes to someday become a computer programmer.

This blog was started to keep his family and friends updated on his status.

Addendum: Jake became cured of cancer, free of pain and everything this world brings on September 29, 2010. He continues his journey in Heaven. He is doing awesome! Hope you're doing the same!

His family thanks you for your generosity in donations, love and service. God has shown us many tender mercies!
Thanks for being one of them!





Sunday, September 25, 2011

Surrounded by Angels

All this week I have seen and felt angels around the house...and around me when I was at the temple.  There were angels on the roof tearing off the old stuff, and then later putting on a fabulous new roof that will keep us dry and protect us for years to come.  Angels brought us food, snacks and fed those giving us service.  Angels brought tools to accomplish the magnificent task set before them.  Angels came and held my hand and helped me clean and get things back in order.  One beautiful little angel sat at at my counter and circled all the toys she wanted in the ToysRUs ad...making sure I saw every one of them.  Another tiny angel came and snuggled my heart...and drooled and spit.  Still another, fresh from heaven came with a baby snuggle, a smile and a burp.  Little short angels came and jumped on our trampoline and reminded me what it was like to hear the laughter of children.  Then there were those beautiful children and young men and women who came and helped clean up the mess the men were making...and one brave young man was not afraid to jump down in the window well and dig out the years of kids throwing their wrappers and popcicle sticks there...inspite of the spiders!  There were angels who tore off my broken shutters.  Unable to find the right size or style to replace them...another angel had stored exactly what I needed in his garage, for five years...so it could show up for me when I needed it.  Not being the right color, angel Randy took the shutters to his home and painted them...with the paint that was still good...after 16 years of sitting in my garage!  Still, another angel took to putting up doggie prison bars in the two places my dog has been digging and were blocked by boards we had stuck there last winter. 

I told one friend...When we first moved here, Dave and I put the roof on and I was the one who painted the shutters and the door.  I am the one who pulls the weeds, mows the lawn, takes care of the garden and the house.  Now I look at my house and see the love written all over it...and it warms my heart. 

God bless you for your service and love to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment